Thursday, October 25, 2012

Shyne Explains Why He Thinks Kendrick Lamar's "good kid, m.A.A.d city" Is "Trash"

Shyne Explains Why He Thinks Kendrick Lamar's "good kid, m.A.A.d city" Is "Trash"
Shyne explains why he doesn't like Kendrick Lamar's "good kid, m.A.A.d city."
Last night, Shyne took to Twitter to state that he thought Kendrick Lamar has talent but that good kid, m.A.A.d city is "trash." Clarifying his standpoint during an interview with the Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg show, the former Bad Boy rapper explained that he feels K. Dot was fed into the hype machine but that he failed to deliver on his promise.
"I ain't starting no trouble. Listen, y'all live in the United States of America. We don't live in the United States of Aftermath, Jimmy Iovine doesn't pay me, I can say whatever I want," said Shyne. "I'm not talking reckless. I said the young boy got potential and I said he was talented, but the album is trash. That's tough love.
"What I said wasn't not nice, I didn't attack him as an individual, I didn't say anything disrespectful," he continued. "It's trash! I don't really listen to these rappers, but I heard him on a few joints and I was like, shorty's nice. ... So when he was coming out with an album, I was like, I'ma hear more of that."
Po went on to explain that he wasn't feeling the production on the project, and that he'd rather hear a spoken word album if that's the route he wanted to take. "Beats is trash, number one. And once your beats are trash, you're finished because you can't handle a good flow. I don't really want to hear what you gotta say. I'll go buy Dr. Cornel West's album if I want to hear someone talk."
He said that he felt a responsibility to be honest about his opinion because he didn't want Kendrick to drink his own Kool-Aid. "I feel bad for him because everybody's gassing him right now, everyone's on him. He on fire because of that Interscope machine, he's on fire because of that Dr. Dre machine. He's nice, but that's a lot of hype. All I'm saying is, to show y'all I'm not a hater, 50 [Cent] delivered. I never had nothing positive to say about him, but he delivered. He lived up to the hype."

No comments:

Post a Comment