Thursday, October 25, 2012

Meek Mill Talks Relationship With Jay-Z, Says He's Paved The Way For Up & Coming Artists From Philadelphia

Meek Mill Talks Relationship With Jay-Z, Says He's Paved The Way For Up & Coming Artists From Philadelphia
Meek Mill speaks on receiving feedback from Jay-Z on his debut album, "Dreams & Nightmares," during an appearance on Rap Fix Live.
As an artist both signed to Rick Ross’ Maybach Music Group and also managed by Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, Philly rapper Meek Mill has received feedback on his debut album, Dreams & Nightmares, from some of Hip Hop’s most notable artists.
While appearing on MTV’s Rap Fix Live yesterday (October 24), the Philadelphia emcee spoke on his relationship with Jay-Z who he says has never been afraid to tell it like it is when it comes to his input on Dreams & Nightmares.
"Hov will mess up your whole confidence. That joint might not even make the album no more because you got a great like that telling you [no]," Meek explained.
With his debut album set for release on October 30 of next week, Meek Mill hopes to pave the way for his fellow Philadelphia artists by building a metaphorical “expressway” for their budding careers.
“Yeah, I’m the one out there right now. I hold it down. I hold it down for my city. I opened up a lane,” said the MMG rapper. “You know how somebody open up a lane, I’mma open up an expressway. So come behind me and do whatever…You know the album coming. We finna do some real numbers and take things to the next level. Open up a bigger lane for whoever comes behind me from my city.”

No comments:

Post a Comment